Saturday, October 20, 2007


Post any and all questions pertaining to this operational area of the B-29.


  1. Jack Wallace, my father, is still around (!) and commanded K-3.
    He has written many stories regarding that time and I am sure he would be thrilled if anyone might be interested in some of them

  2. Actually, I have read a great many of your father's stories and they are fantastic! The one about a bailing out of a B-26 is one of my favorites.., bar the one about landing a B-29 with ONE engine!!!!! Amazing and thanks!!!!!!!!!!!11

  3. Terry,
    My father, John P. Nolan, was the navigator on your father's K-3. My father passed away in 1988. I was wondering if your father is still alive and also how I might access some of his stories. I really enjoyed the one about their first mission. Thanks Dolores Nolan

    1. Dolores, are you still around?

      Son of Jack Wallace K-3


    Adrian B. Crimmins (1921 - 2010) | Visit Guest Book

    Adrian B. "Chubby" Crimmins died early Friday morning, Sept. 10, 2010. Service: A Mass of Christian Burial will begin at 11 a.m. Monday at St. Bartholomew Catholic Church. Vigil: 2 p.m. Sunday at Thompson's Harveson & Cole Funeral Home with a visitation to follow. Memorials: Cook Children's Medical Center, 801 7th Ave., Fort Worth, Texas 76104, honoring Douglas, or Tarrant County MHMR, 1850 White Settlement Road, Fort Worth, Texas 76107, honoring Alexandra. Chubby was born to Fred and Madeline Crimmins on Aug. 7, 1921. A graduate of Paschal High School, he received a degree in physics and math from Texas A&M University and his Army commission in the class of 1942. Chubby transferred from his infantry assignment to the newly formed Army Air Corps and trained first in B-17s and B-24s. Later he was assigned to the Roswell Air Force Base B-29 school. In the spring of 1945 he was sent to Guam, where he flew 20 missions as command pilot of the "Rebel's Roost." He earned the Distinguished Flying Cross as well as the Air Medal with four oak leaf clusters. On May 24, 1947, he married the former Mary Helen McClendon. He flew for Pioneer Airlines until being recalled to active duty during the Korean War, flying B-36 Peacemakers. Chubby resigned his commission in February 1952 to join American Airlines for co-pilot training. He remained at American Airlines for 29 years, nearly half of which was spent as a supervisory pilot. In 1957, he was co-pilot on a crew that successfully landed the DC-7 aircraft near Memphis, Tenn., which had become disabled when a propeller disengaged and sliced through the cockpit. For this action, the crew received the airline's Distinguished Service Award. After mandatory retirement in 1981, he worked in the Avionics Department at General Dynamics, now Lockheed, until 1992 when he finally retired to his home at Eagle Mountain Lake. At the lake, Chubby was a substitute teacher in the Azle and Lake Worth ISDs. He was a charter member of Holy Trinity Catholic Church in Azle. Chubby and Mary Helen moved back to Fort Worth in 1998 and re-established their membership at St. Bartholomew Catholic Church. At this time he became a substitute teacher in the Fort Worth ISD and taught at Cassata High School. He was a member of the Century Club of Texas A&M University, the Corps of Cadets Alumni Association, and the 330th Bomb Group Association. Chubby was predeceased by his parents and all of his siblings. Survivors: His wife of 63 years, Mary Helen; children, Mary, Ann, Timothy, Patrick and Michael; grandchildren, Sean, Daniel, Margaret, Madeline, Patrick, Nicholas, Alexandra, Adriane, Theodore, Douglas, Mary Antonia, Brandon, Gregory, Luke and Catherine; great-grandchildren, Madison and Faith Elizabeth; brother-in-law, Robert McClendon and wife, Joanne; sister-in-law, Lee; many nieces and nephews; and his feline friend, TC.

  5. Lt. Foster B. Huff A/C "Spanish Fork, Ut" aka "Heavenly Body" K-35 SN:44-6-9997 Crew 811 1944-1945.